In all probability the size will again increase, this time to a whopping 32 pages, but with no increase in the cover price.
Planned contents include:
- The Big Interview with Cyril Bridge, former Chairman of the Supporters Club and a City supporter since the 1930's.
- They Played For Both Clubs - West Ham United Historian John Northcutt looks at players who have played for West Ham and for City.
- The Story of David Timmington Part One - Geoff Timmington, nephew of David who played for City in 1938-1939, looks at the life and career of his uncle.
- Memories Of The City - Jim Sargant concludes his reminisces of supporting City in the 1950's.
- The 1945-1946 season is highlighted in our seasonal supplement.
- Martin Rogers and Dave Clarke have their latest columns.
and of course much more....!!!!!
To date the magazine has raised almost £400 for club funds.
I am also pleased to announce two new services for readers:
Subscriptions - For those who want their copies posted then subscriptions are available at £2.50 per copy, which covers cost, postage and packing. You decide how many copies you would like to subscribe for and then send me a cheque for the relevant amount. So for a 4 issue subscription send me a cheque for £10. It's easy! Copies will be posted as soon as they are received from the printers. Send your cheque, payable to David Selby, to The Chelmsford City Historian, 34, Paddock Drive, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 6SS.
e-Mail Notification - Just send me an e-mail at email@example.com and I will add you to my notification list. As soon as a new issue is published then I will send you an e-mail, so you know that you can track me down at home or away game and purchase your copy.